Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm finding myself between a geologically amazing, 40 000 year old rock and a very hard place. Every minute I am online and using this computer is another knife I am throwing into the Earth's heart. Work forces me to use the computer, but now we're forced to picket for hours every day. I'm sunburnt. It's punishment for angering the world.

Being online is a way that I can get the message out there. I tell myself that every sunrise is precious. This is for you, Earth.

Today I made a chana masala. It is important to look at food from around the world because it brings us close together. We are all global citizens.



1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
1 1/2 t cumin seeds
4 cloves garlic, pressed
a bit of grated ginger root organic is best
pinch of coriander powder
pinch of tumeric
pinch of paprika
2 cups tomato, chopped from your garden
salt but not if you have health problems
1/2 t lemon juice
2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cooked or canned
water

In medium skillet on medium heat saute onions with water but not oil. When the pan is dry put in cumin seeds and cook until it is lightly toasted and the aroma is electrifying. Add the other spices and cook until you want to eat the pan.

Stir tomatoes and salt for a few minutes then add lemon juice and chickpeas. Stir and add water if you think it needs it. Always listen to the vegetables as you cook. It should look like a thick stew. Cover the skillet and let it cook for about 7 minutes. Serve it with some rice or pita or naan.

No comments: